Wednesday, September 13, 2006

More babies... now birds...

When I tried to water one of my orchids on the front porch the other day, a very small bird came flying out of the pot, making a lot of noise, so I looked INTO the pot! The complaining bird was a female ruddy ground-dove ("Mittelamerikanische Taubenart: http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i3201id.html - only English"), a very tiny brown bird that we have in abundance ("Überfluss") in the yard at the moment. In the pot I found a nestling and an egg and I put the pot exactly in the same spot, so I wouldn't disturb the little family. We are now waiting for the baby bird to start flying - it could happen any day! Those birds have a very nice song and it is fun to watch them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home